Are you in need of a reliable woodworking compass for your next project? Not sure where to start in finding the best one? A woodworking compass is an essential tool for any woodworker.
What features should you look for in a woodworking compass? What materials should it be made of? And are there any additional features or accessories that might be useful? By considering these questions and evaluating your specific needs, you can find the best woodworking compass for your workshop.
A woodworking compass is a tool used in the practice of woodworking to draw circles or arcs. It consists of two arms connected by a hinge, with one arm ending in a sharp point and the other in a pencil or other marking implement.
The arms can be adjusted to change the radius of the circle being drawn. A woodworking compass is a useful tool for a variety of tasks, including creating circular openings in furniture or marking out curves in wood.
When it comes to finding the best woodworking compass, there are a few key features to consider. These may include the size and adjustability of the arms, the quality of the hinge, and the durability and precision of the tool. It is also important to consider the materials used in the construction of the compass, as well as any additional features or accessories that may be included.
It’s go time!
Discover the Top-Rated Woodworking Compasses for Precision and Durability
Mr. Pen- Professional Large Compass for Woodworking, 12 Inch Compass with Wing, Compass for Geometry, Compass Drawing Tool, Woodworking Compass, Pencil Compass for Carpenter, Drafting, Drawing Compass
- Professional All Metal Compass/Divider For Woodwork, Carpentry, Metal Work, Leather Work, Math, Etc.
- The Compass Leg Measure 12 Inch And Can Draw Circles Upto 30 Inch (76 cm) in Diameter
- Designed With A Pencil Holder To Easily Change The Pencil For Sharpening Purposes (Pencil Is Not Included)
- Can Be Used As A Scribe Or Divider To Quickly Measure lengths And Copy Measurements
- Lockable Sliding Nut Design Allows For Quick Leg Adjustment And Repeatable Measurements
Nicpro 8 Inch Compass for Woodworking with Wing and Pencil Holder, Professional Carpenter Pencil Compass Great for Geometry, Drawing, Drafting
- High Quality ：Made from thick high-quality carbon steel and with a sizable length of 8 inches. Built for demanding projects.
- Easy to Use：with lockable design,it is easy to adjust and draw , convenient for repeat measurements or drawing circles and arches, it won’t skip or slide out of your control
- Pencil Holder To Easily Draw Circles Up To 22” In diameter for most of the materials.
- Widely Use :professional tools for carpenter and designer, ideal for woodworking, carpentry, metalworking and leather work
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE: If you are not satisfied with Nicpro woodworking compass, we’re very happy to either provide a no-questions-asked Refund or Replacement. Order today risk free!
Mr. Pen- Professional Compass for Woodworking, 8 Inch Compass with Wing, Large Compass for Geometry, Compass Drawing Tool, Woodworking Compass, Pencil Compass for Carpenter, Drafting, Drawing Compass
$11.99 in stock
- Professional all metal compass/divider for woodwork, carpentry, metal work, leather work, math, etc. - leg length: 8 inches
- Pencil holder to easily draw circles up to 18” in diameter
- Can be used as a scribe or divider to quickly measure and copy measurements
- Draws arcs and circles repetitively with high dimensional accuracy with the lockable wing design
- Made from high quality steel, it will not rust or get corroded
Milescraft 8407 ScribeTec - Scribing and Compass Tool
- Articulating pencil head, for complex angles
- Retractable, spring-loaded, locking precision point for a precise radius
- Adjustable writing instrument grip can hold No. 2 pencils, carpenter pencils, and Sharpie (or similar) markers
- Built-in pencil sharpener for keeping your pencil sharp and your line crisp
General Tools 843/1 Pencil Compass and Scriber, 8 Inch Diameter
$5.73 in stock
- COMPASS AND SCRIBE: Designed for marking contours and drawing circles or arcs.
- ADJUSTABLE: Positive wing nut adjustment up to 8 inches.
- STURDY: Full-length hardened steel pin in metal frame for greater rigidity.
- DURABLE: Constructed of brass plated steel.
- VERSATILE: Can be used with most pens and pencils. Pencil not included.
Woodworking Aluminum Alloy Circular Drawing Tool, Fixed-Point Marking Gauge Woodworking Compass Scribe Adjustable Drawing Circle Ruler Drawing Ruler Carpenter Tools (Arc head)
|Size||1 Count (Pack of 1)|
ZLKSKER 6/8/10 inch Professional Woodworking Compass with Pencil Holder & Lockable Wing, Geometry & Drafting Compass for Carpenter (6 inch)
- Made of high quality carbon steel, good toughness, high hardness, sturdy and durable, wear-resistant, not easy to rust and corrode, accurate measurement
- Heavy duty & good construction, a great tool for doing large carpentry work, scribe, drafting, metal work, and leather work
- Lockable wing provide quickly measure, copy measurement, repeat measurement, measurement transfer and repeated circle drawing
- The tips are hard and sharp, they can clearly & easily draw lines on the surface of metal, plastic, wood and other workpieces
- The leg is 6 inches long, the maximum span (radius) is 8.0 inches, and maximum drawing circle diameter 16 inches
General Tools 842 Precision Pencil Compass, includes pencil , Yellow
$5.49 in stock
- CARPENTER QUALITY – this pencil compass is a carpenter quality precision tool made of long lasting die cast and a rust resistant metal
- 9 INCH JAW CAPACITY – not only is this compass a robust scribing and marking tool, it has a spring tension adjustment for marking up to 9”(229mm) diameter
- PIVOT SPRING HANDLE – the swivel spring handle of this compass makes this a great tool for making contours and circles
- SCRIBE GUIDE – is used for edge marking
- PENCIL INCLUDED – compass can be used with the included pencil or with a slim ballpoint pen
Mr. Pen- Professional Compass with Lock, 8 inch, Pencil Compass, Woodworking Compass, Compass for Geometry, Wing Divider, Compass Drawing, Drafting Compass, Carpenter Compass, Scribe Tool
$10.99 in stock
- Professional All Metal Compass/Divider For Wood Work, Carpentry, Metal Work, Leather Work, Math, Etc.
- Pencil Holder To Easily Draw Circles Up To 19” In Diameter
- Can Be Used As A Scribe Or Divider To Quickly Measure And Copy Measurements
- Spring Tension And Lockable Sliding Nut Allows For Quick Leg Adjustment And Repeat Measurements
- Made From High Quality Steel, It Will Not Rust Or Get Corroded
ALLY Tools 8 Inch Precision Locking Wing Divider/Woodworking Compass with Pencil Holder INCLUDES Two Pencils and Pencil Sharpener Ideal as Drawing, Drafting, Carpentry
- [ACCURATE]: Woodworking compass makes circles between 1-1/2" and 21" diameter for measuring diameters, angles, and draw circles/arcs without repeat use of a ruler.
- [QUICK & STRONG]: The Woodworking Compass locking knurled knob enables quick, smooth adjustments until contact with the center collar. The needle point metal tip makes strong engravings and will not slip.
- [2 IN 1 COMBO]: This compass divider works both as a scribe and compass for all your marking needs. It is the ideal compass for woodworking.
- [VERSATILE]: This woodworking compass is perfect for doing large carpentry work, drafting, geometry, woodworking, metalworking, and leather working.
- [BUNDLE]: Carpenters compass includes Two Pencils with Eraser Tops and One Metal Pencil Sharpener.
In conclusion, the best woodworking compass is a tool that is reliable, easy to use, and capable of producing precise, consistent results. It should have adjustable arms and a high-quality hinge, and be made of durable materials.
Additional features such as a built-in protractor or a removable pencil holder can be useful, but ultimately, the most important factors are the accuracy and reliability of the tool.
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned woodworker, having a reliable woodworking compass in your workshop will allow you to tackle a wide range of projects with confidence.
By considering the features and materials that are most important to you, you can find a woodworking compass that meets your needs and helps you achieve professional-quality results.